Publishing specs before TPAC; Oct 14 is last day to start a CfC

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 17:38:18 -0400
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
The upcoming TPAC meeting (Oct 31 - Nov 01) provides an opportunity for
joint WG meetings and lots of informal sharing. As such, some groups
make spec publications right before TPAC.

Note there is a 2-week publication blackout period around the TPAC week
and Oct 24 is the last day to request publication before TPAC.  Given
our 1-week CfC for new publications, weekends, etc., the schedule is:

* Oct 14 - last day to start a CfC to publish
* Oct 24 - last day to request publication
* Oct 27 - last publications before TPAC
* Nov 07 - publications resume

*A lot of groups wait until the deadline so if you want to publish
before TPAC, I encourage you to propose publication as soon as possible
and by October 14 at the latest.
*
Some specs I'd like to see published before TPAC
(<http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/PubStatus>):

* Clipboard APIs and Events - I think Hallvord has made quite a few
changes since last publication on 12-Apr-2011. WDYT Hallvord?

* D3E - not sure if next pub is CR or LC. Doug, Jacob?

* File API (last published in 26-Oct-2010) - Arun, Jonas - what's up
with this spec?

* File API: Writer and Directories & System - WDYT Eric? Are the changes
since the April 2011 publication significant?

* Indexed Database API - is this ready for LC?

* Server-sent Events - 8 open bugs so I presume a new WD at this point.

* Web Messaging - 6 open bugs so I presume a new WD at this point.

-AB