Re: [FileAPI] FileReader.abort() and File[Saver|Writer].abort have different behaviors

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 20:12:17 +0200, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:
> Yuck.  I agree that's not a good thing to mimic for the sake of
> consistency.  Anne, is this intentional, or just something XHR is just
> stuck with for compatibility?  It looks like a new problem in XHR2--this
> couldn't happen in XHR1, because there was no abort event fired before
> loadend.

The send() method can be terminated in similar fashion.

I made this change almost a year ago now. It was to prevent weird
situations from occurring event-wise if you invoke open() from one of the
events dispatched by e.g. send() or abort(). One of the silly things from
XMLHttpRequest is that open() can always be invoked. This seemed like the
simplest way of dealing with that.

I am open to suggestions however (and tests!).

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/