Re: Adding Web Intents to the Webapps WG deliverables

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
> On Sep 20, 2011, at 17:15 , Charles Pritchard wrote:
> > There is certainly some overlap between DAP and WebApps. Is that the
> issue here, Robin?
>
> If you ask me, there isn't any issue at all :) James suggested that WebApps
> take over Intents. Since it isn't in WebApps's deliverables, this could
> require some process mongering which I think we can all agree is an annoying
> waste of time. As it happens however, DAP already has Intents in its
> charter, so getting to work right now rather than walking the bureaucratic
> path is a simple matter of doing the work there.

There's process mongering to get relevant parties to join DAP. This is not
free. If you can guarantee me that the other browsers will join DAP then
let's talk (namely MSFT who just announced a similar spec for Metro, and it
would be very important to get their input here.)