Re: [editing] Using public-webapps for editing discussion

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com> wrote:
> Since you are the Chair of the HTML Editing APIs CG [CG], would you please
> explain what you see as the relationship between the CG and WebApps
> vis-à-vis the Editing spec? In particular, what role(s) do the CG and WG
> have?

I notice you asked a more general question here too that I didn't
answer.  My take is that the CG will be the group that publishes the
editing spec for the foreseeable future.  However, all discussion and
development should occur in preexisting, established fora, preferably
in the W3C.  This means using fora that are specific to particular
Working Groups, such as public-webapps, even though those Working
Groups aren't formally involved in developing the editing spec.

So currently, I don't see the WebApps WG as having any official role
in developing the editing spec.  I'd only like to be able to use its
discussion list, since a lot of interested parties are already
subscribed.  Eventually, if it turns out to be necessary to move the
spec to the REC track (although I hope it's not), I expect that will
be at the WebApps WG, given its charter.  But that's not an immediate
consideration.