Re: RfC: LCWD of Touch Events version 1; deadline October 11

> On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 19:32:03 +0200, Arthur Barstow
> <art.barstow@nokia.com> wrote:
>> On September 13, the Web Events WG published a LCWD of the Touch
>> Events version 1 spec:
>> Individual WG members are encouraged to provide individual feedback
>> directly to the Web Events WG. If you have comments, please send them
>> to the following list by October 11:
>>
>>     public-webevents@w3.org@w3.org
>>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/
>>
>> If anyone in WebApps wants to propose an official WG response, please
>> do so ASAP, in reply to this email so the WebApps WG can discuss it.
>
> Given our work on the DOM I think we should oppose any new
> XXXEvent.initXXXEvent() methods.
>
> Introducing a new Document interface rather than using partial
> interface Document also seems bad.
>
> (I submitted both comments (and some others) as personal comments
> already.)

As I understand it, Touch Events v. 1 is only attempting to codify
what's already been introduced by WebKit,
namely, by Apple, and followed-up by others. That's in contrast to the
parallel development of v. 2, which does
try take on new items.

-Charles