Re: Fwd: Re: CfC: new WD of Clipboard API and Events; deadline April 5

From: João Eiras <joaoe@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 11:34:56 +0200
To: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>

> It'd be great if that were the case, but in my experience this is the
> level
> of annoyance that will irritate users, but not enough to make many of
> them
> stop using a site.

This same discussion always pops up when a new feature might have
implications beyond the browser window, like d&d, file api, web gl,
clipboard api, etc.

Features are demanded and the specs need to be written in a way that
supports most, if not all, of the valid use cases.

If there are possibilities of those same APIs being used to hinder user
experience, then the user agent must provide options for the user to
control what the sites do, so it becomes an UI issue. And, such websites
are few, slim, and have little users.

Now, we can move forward :) Thank you.