Re: Fwd: Re: CfC: new WD of Clipboard API and Events; deadline April 5

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 7:25 AM, Hallvord R. M. Steen <hallvord@opera.com>wrote:

>  With greater powers comes, as they say, greater responsibility. If you
> personally don't like the possibilities for nuisance this API enables, you
> have multiple options - use a browser that doesn't support these events, or
> a browser that lets you disable them (perhaps on a per-site basis), or a
> browser that supports extensions that let you disable them.

These aren't solutions that help average users.

I also think that a site that behaves in user-unfriendly ways will end up
> loosing users. If a site is arrogant enough to mess with what I copy unless
> to improve it, it deserves to loose users.

It'd be great if that were the case, but in my experience this is the level
of annoyance that will irritate users, but not enough to make many of them
stop using a site.

--
Glenn Maynard