Re: Fwd: Re: CfC: new WD of Clipboard API and Events; deadline April 5

From: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 10:50:15 -0400
To: "Hallvord R. M. Steen" <hallvord@opera.com>
Cc: rniwa@webkit.org, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 6:13 AM, Hallvord R. M. Steen <hallvord@opera.com>wrote:

>  Pretty much everything in this spec can be abused to cause nuisance.

Personally, I'm less than thrilled to see an API giving sites more ability
to mangle what I copy.  Clipboard hijacking scripts that add "read more
at..." spam to copied text make it painfully clear that sites will actively
abuse a clipboard API; I'd sooner see sites have less control, to prevent
this gross abuse, not more.  Browsers should copy only what I tell them to
copy.

--
Glenn Maynard