Copy prevention... up-and-running

From: Paul Libbrecht <paul@hoplahup.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 13:03:25 +0200
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>

While the discussion about preventing abuse in clipboards is happening, allow me to suggest something I recently found:

In the page below is a fairly simple script that succeeds in preventing the user to select with the mouse, hence copy, in Firefox 6, Safari 5.1, and a few others.

	http://www.diakadi.com/guadeloupe/feroce_d_avocat.htm

The workarounds include: use Camino, print-preview and select there, use select all.

Can something be done to prevent this prohibition?
Do we want that?

paul