Re: HTMLElement.register--giving components tag names

Referencing a note dated 2003 may not sound strong any more - web-based
applications (or to be more specific - their UI) have evolved significantly
since the date. Today limiting developers to an extremely low level markup
API, such as SVG or HTML only leads to huge, hardly manageable JavaScript UI
code in any more or less complex solution.

The need in custom markup that facilitates higher level UI technologies
abstractions is here. (Meaning - has been here. Since, say 2003)

As for searching engines "not capable of indexing applications" - this is in
no way a concern, I bet neither GMail, nor AdSense apps etc. have been
successfully indexed so far. Exposing data or electronic documents is
something else.

Sergey/