Re: xdash name prefixes (was Re: Component Model Update)

From: Roland Steiner <rolandsteiner@google.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 10:54:33 -0700
To: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
Cc: Dominic Cooney <dominicc@google.com>, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com> wrote:

> Doesn't it seem more likely that the third-party will do the
> registration in whatever script you include that implements the Like
> button, or whatever?

That's just a matter of convention, no? I don't think it's unreasonable to
frame it as "in order to use a component you need to load its source and
register a suitable element name for it.".

OTOH, there's nothing to prevent a package from doing the registering in one
go. But if such a package then really leads to a clash, I'd prefer to first
ask the authors to sort it out.

Cheers,

- Roland