CfC: obsolescence text for DOM 2 View Recommendation; deadline September 7

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 13:22:02 -0400
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
In [1], Anne proposed some text be added to the top of the DOM 2 View
REC [2] to signal the 'document' and 'defaultView' attributes are now
defined in HTML5 and this Recommendation is now effectively obsolete. We
discussed some updates to the proposed text in IRC [3] and we now
propose the following text be added to this REC:

[[
Note: This paragraph is informative. This document is currently not
maintained. The concepts this document defines are obsolete. The
'document' and 'defaultView' attributes are defined in the HTML5
specification with simplified semantics. The Web Applications WG
encourages implementation of these concepts as defined by HTML5.
]]

If you have any comments, please send them by September 7.

-AB

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011JulSep/0454.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Views/
[3] http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/webapps/20110831