Re: before/after editaction

From: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 17:07:10 -0700
To: Darin Adler <darin@apple.com>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Darin Adler <darin@apple.com> wrote:

> My question was not about the undo command. I meant that if I implemented a
> handler for the aftereditaction event that changed b tags to strong tags,
> how would the undo machinery undo what I had done?

Ah, I see.  So UA won't be able to undo/redo those DOM changes as of now.
 However, authors can use UndoManager and transactions (see
http://rniwa.com/editing/undomanager.html) to hook into UA's undo manager.
 e.g. if authors wanted UAs to manage undo/redo for those changes, they can
make those changes as a managed transaction.

- Ryosuke