Re: Some way to change an element's name would be useful

From: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 14:29:22 -0700
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>, Aryeh Gregor <ayg@aryeh.name>, W3C WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org>, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan@mozilla.com>
Document.renameNode seems cool. Aside from the awkward user data
event, it matches perfectly the needs of the Component Model (updated
to reference it here:
http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Component_Model#Performance).

I am curious why no one had implemented this. We should dust it off,
add a normal event to it, and set it sail.

:DG<