Re: [File API] opaque string

From: Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 12:06:30 -0400
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
> Why can you not use characters legally allowed in IRIs?

Are you referring to the "permissible charset" for ranges of characters
or the condition disallowing reserved characters?  I've only omitted the
ones that should be percent-encoded.  Honestly, we just need terse prose
requiring something globally unique; I wanted to allow the Chrome Team's
use of URL-tagging, and largely do allow it if they percent encode things.

Is this nit backed by a use case?  Does Opera wish to URl-tag the
opaqueString production as well, and does escaping characters fall short
of that requirement?

> The bit on UUID should be turned into a note if it is non-normative
> instead of saying it is non-normative.

OK.