Re: Rescinding the DOM 2 View Recommendation?

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 12:19:47 +0200
To: "Arthur Barstow" <art.barstow@nokia.com>, "Doug Schepers" <schepers@w3.org>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, "ext Ms2ger" <ms2ger@gmail.com>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 00:02:56 +0200, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:
> After discussion with PLH and Ian Jacobs, and I don't think it's
> necessary for us to go through the additional overhead of rescinding the
> DOM 2 View specification.
>
> Instead, PLH and I support Anne's original proposal to simply update the
> status section of the spec to point people to the HTML5 spec.  We could
> add wording like:
>
> [[
> Updated definitions of the 'document' and 'defaultView' attributes are
> now defined by the HTML5 specification.  Other concepts in this
> specification may not be necessary for implementation in general user
> agents such as Web browsers.
> ]]
>
> I don't object to rescinding it, I simply prefer the option with the
> least process necessary.

This works for me and is actually what we decided back in 2009 as Working
Group and back then Ian Jacobs said it was okay

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/0454.html

so I am glad this is acceptable again. Lets do it.

Cheers,

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/