[indexeddb] What happens after we reach the AutoInc maximum value?

From: Israel Hilerio <israelh@microsoft.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 00:26:26 +0000
To: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
CC: Jim Wordelman <jaword@microsoft.com>, Adam Herchenroether <aherchen@microsoft.com>
Assuming that we've created an object store with the auto-increment flag set to true, what is the expected behavior when we reach some type of max auto-increment value?  Do we want to recycle and start again from zero or do we stop at the largest number and allow duplicates which will generate a constraint error?

It seems that if we were to start again from zero and increment the value every time we find a constraint error, we could reuse the primary key of previous records that were deleted.

What are your thoughts?

Israel