[indexeddb] Handing negative parameters for the advance method

From: Israel Hilerio <israelh@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 21:34:48 +0000
To: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
CC: Jim Wordelman <jaword@microsoft.com>, Adam Herchenroether <aherchen@microsoft.com>, Victor Ngo <vicngo@microsoft.com>
Since advance is intended to always move the cursor forward, it seems we want to only support positive parameter values.  Therefore, I would suggest we change its signature to:

void advance (in unsigned int count);

If a developer specifies a negative number for it, we could throw an IDBDatabaseException with a value of NON_TRANSIENT_ERR.  A value of zero will do nothing.

I also noticed that the webIDL spec doesn't define int or unsigned int.  It seems we should be using long (for int) and unsigned long (unsigned int).

Do you agree?

Israel