Re: [whatwg] File API Streaming Blobs

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 21:24:41 +0000
To: Simon Heckmann <simon@simonheckmann.de>
CC: Eric U <ericu@google.com>, WHATWG <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>, "arun@mozilla.com" <arun@mozilla.com>, Adam Malcontenti-Wilson <adman.com@gmail.com>, "WEBAPPLICATIONS (WEBAPPS) WORKING GROUP" <public-webapps@w3.org>
Þann mán  8.ágú 2011 20:31, skrifaði Simon Heckmann:
> Well, not directly an answer to your question, but the use case I had in mind is the following:
>
> A large encrypted video (e.g. HD movie with 2GB) file is stored using the File API, I then want to decrypt this file and start playing with only a minor delay. I do not want to decrypt the entire file before it can be viewed. As long as such as use case gets covered I am fine with everything.

Has the decryption to happen above the File API?