Re: UAs shipping unprefixed websocket API implementations?

> On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 15:48:53 +0200, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> http://blog.chromium.org/2011/08/new-websocket-protocol-secure-and.html indicates
>> that the Chrome dev channel now has an unprefixed implementation of
>> the WebSocket API, as far as I can tell. Also as far as I can tell,
>> the API is not really stabilized yet (e.g. there's the big open
>> question about whether the compression stuff is required or forbidden).
>
> That was resolved.

What was the resolution?  I missed this, apparently....

> Note that Chrome was already shipping an unprefixed
> API to date, just with an older version of the protocol.

:(  That really sucks, because it makes it that much harder for
implementations to ship updated unprefixed versions.  :(

Can we please try to avoid shipping unprefixed versions of unstable
specs?  Please?

-Boris