UAs shipping unprefixed websocket API implementations?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 09:48:53 -0400
To: public-webapps@w3.org
indicates that the Chrome dev channel now has an unprefixed
implementation of the WebSocket API, as far as I can tell.  Also as far
as I can tell, the API is not really stabilized yet (e.g. there's the
big open question about whether the compression stuff is required or

Am I missing something?  Should UAs actually be shipping unprefixed
websockets at this point?