Re: CORS/UMP to become joint WebApps and WebAppSec joint deliverable

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 12:53:49 +0200, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org> wrote:
> Well, groups can decide to stop working on a deliverable without having
> to recharter; further, we've had separate groups work on joint
> deliverables in the past.  In practical terms, the minimum that webapps
> needs to do is to give its consent to publication and transition
> decisions; that can easily be done through a call for consensus.  I
> trust that Art will help to nudge discussions over to the WebAppSec
> group.
>
> None of that requires charter language beyond what's there already, and
> none of it requires a rechartering of webapps.

Can we at least make it so that public-webapps@w3.org stays the list for
technical discussion on CORS? We already switched mailing lists once
(twice if you count going from the initial proposal on
public-webapi@w3.org to public-appformats@w3.org) and I would like to
avoid doing it again. Getting feedback is hard enough as it is, requiring
all relevant people to subscribe to yet another list would be bad.

If that is not possible I think I would prefer CORS and From-Origin to
stay in the WebApps WG.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/