Re: Element.create(): a proposal for more convenient element creation

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 7:05 PM, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com> wrote:
> Can we have it 'inherit' a parent namespace, and have chaining properties?
>
> Element.create('div').create('svg').create('g').create('rect', {title: 'An svg rectangle in an HTML div'});

Ooh, so .create is defined both on Element (defaults to HTML
namespace, just creates an element) and on Element.prototype (defaults
to namespace of the element, inserts as a child)?  That's pretty
interesting.  Presumably the new element gets inserted as a last child
of the parent.

I like it.

~TJ