Re: From-Origin FPWD

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 11:11:08 -0700
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>

On Jul 31, 2011, at 5:52 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> * Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>  http://www.w3.org/TR/from-origin/
>
> The proposed `From-Origin` header conveys a subset of the information
> that is already available through the Referer header.

From-Origin is a response header and Referer is a request header, so this statement would be irrelevant  even if true. Also, it is not true. Referer indicates the resource responsible for generating the request, From-Origin list the sites that are allowed embed access to the resource.

I think you may be confusing the From-Origin header with the Origin header.

Regards,
Maciej