RE: [IndexedDB] Client API state after calling deleteIndex and deleteObjectStore

From: Eliot Graff <Eliot.Graff@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 20:44:06 +0000
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Israel Hilerio <israelh@microsoft.com>
CC: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
> > Jonas,
> >
> > Would it be good enough to document the above examples under the
> deleteIndex and deleteObjectStore APIs, respectively? Or do you believe we
> should add some text to the API descriptions to make this more clear?  In
> addition, I believe we should expand the explanation for when
> NOT_ALLOWED_ERR can be thrown to accommodate this case.
> >
> > Let me know what you prefer?
>
> It would probably also be the most consistent to ensure that all functions
> that create requests explicitly mention that a NOT_ALLOWED_ERR is thrown if
> the source has been removed. So in the cases where these functions already
> throw NOT_ALLOWED_ERR, adding this additional condition to that
> description would be a good idea.
>
> Does that answer the question?
>
> Oh, and yes, expanding the explanation for NOT_ALLOWED_ERR seems like a
> good idea.
>
> / Jonas

Added additional description for NOT_ALLOWED_ERR (and added the error if not already listed) for the following APIs:
IDBDatabase.createObjectStore()
IDBDatabase.deleteObjectStore()
IDBDatabase.setVersion()
IDBDatabase.transaction()
IDBObjectStore.put()
IDBObjectStore.add()
IDBObjectStore.get()
IDBObjectStore.clear()
IDBObjectStore.openCursor()
IDBObjectStore.createIndex()
IDBObjectStore.index()
IDBObjectStore.count()
IDBIndex.openCursor()
IDBIndex.openKeyCursor()
IDBIndex.get()
IDBIndex.getKey()
IDBIndex.count()
IDBTransaction.objectStore()

Also added a sentence to NOT_ALLOWED_ERR description in IDBDatabaseException.

Let me know if there's anything else to do to finish this up.

Thanks,

Eliot