Re: Adding a note to DOM2 Views

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 21:58:45 +0200
To: "Ian Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>
Cc: "webreq@w3.org" <webreq@w3.org>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 21:52:22 +0200, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:
> If we really want to rescind a Recommendation, we should do that through
> the process defined for that. If we want to update people on where to
> find more recent information (but still the current specification is
> still valid for some cases) then we can probably add a status update.

Was this in response to the note for DOM Level 2 Views, in response to the
request for doing something equivalent for DOM Level 3 Core, or both? I
think they should probably be rescinded as they are not to be implemented
(or not fully and in conflicting ways in case of DOM Level 3 Core), but
that is not really something I am interested in driving. Too much process
for very little benefit.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/