Re: [DOMCore] Traversal

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 10:46:36 -0700
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 9:01 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
> * Recursive invocation (i.e. from the filter) is prohibited and throws
> INVALID_STATE_ERR as is already the case in Opera and Gecko. (WebKit does
> not always do it.)

This is not the case in gecko. We don't have any specific recursion
detecting code here. We just use the generic "javascript is recursing
too deep" detection code. So if you just recur once, that works just
fine and dandy. But if you recurse infinitely, you'll get an
exception.

I'd much rather depend on that rather than plugging recursion
protection leaks in any API that uses callbacks (there's a lot). This
seems better both from a user point of view, and from an
implementation point of view.

Looks good otherwise.

/ Jonas