Re: Mutation events replacement

On 20/07/11 18:23, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> It's pretty common to have situations where lots (10-20) of properties
> are set in inline style, especially in cases where the inline style is
> being changed via CSS2Properties from script (think animations and the
> like, where the objects being animated tend to have width, height,
> various margin/border/padding/background properties, top, left, etc
> all set).  Those are precisely the cases that are most
> performance-sensitive and where the overhead of serializing the style
> attribute on every mutation is highest due to the large number of
> properties set.

Thanks for the explanation. Apps would need a way to disable
notifications during such animation sequences, and would be able to find
another means to serialize the animation (at a higher level). This
raises the question is unregistering and re-regtistering a mutation
notification handler cheap or do we need an alternative mechanism for
temporarily suspending notifications?

--
  Dave Raggett<dsr@w3.org>  http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett