Re: Mutation events replacement

From: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 17:32:16 +0100
To: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org>
CC: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, public-webapps@w3.org
On 20/07/11 17:05, Ryosuke Niwa wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 8:43 AM, Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org
> <mailto:dsr@w3.org>> wrote:
>
>     Perhaps we need to distinguish auto generated attributes from
>     those that are set by markup or scripts. Could you please clarify
>     for me the difference between the html "style" attribute and the
>     one you are referring to?  My understanding is that the html style
>     attribute is set via markup or scripts and *doesn't* reflect all
>     of the computed style properties for this DOM node.
>

> In WebKit, style attribute is stored as CSSMutableStyleDeclaration
> instead of as a string to allow fast style re-calculation.

Isn't there a cheap way to distinguish changes to the DOM (setAttribute)
from indirect changes to how CSSMutableStyleDeclaration is formatted to
text?   It sounds as if you already have a setter function that knows
how to update the CSSMutableStyleDeclaration from a string, so I would
have thought that this is easy to deal with, right?

--
  Dave Raggett<dsr@w3.org>  http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett