Re: CORS/UMP to become joint WebApps and WebAppSec joint deliverable

On Jul 15, 2011, at 16:47 , Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 14:43:13 +0200, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com> wrote:
>> As indicated a year ago [1] and again at the end of last month [2], the proposal to create a new Web Application Security WG has moved forward with a formal AC review now underway and ending August 19.
>>
>> The proposed charter includes making CORS and UMP a joint deliverable between the WebApps and WebAppSec WGs:
>>
>> [[
>> http://www.w3.org/2011/07/appsecwg-charter.html
>>
>> Secure Cross-Domain Resource Sharing - Advance existing recommendations specifying mechanisms necessary for secure mashup applications, including the Cross-Origin Request Sharing (CORS) and Uniform Messaging Policy (UMP) Such recommendations will be harmonized and published as joint work with the W3C Web Applications Working Group.
>> ]]
>
> Does this mean twice as much email?

Hope not -- the intent is that, for all intents and purposes, webappsec takes over the deliverable, but webapps needs to agree to formal publications.

> Joint deliverable seems even worse than moving it.

The goal of making this a joint deliverable is to preserve the patent commitments out of webapps.  This was a concern that came up when we proposed moving the document over to webappsec instead of making it a joint one.