Re: [XHR2] Blobs, names and FormData

On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 03:00:55 +0200, Adrian Bateman
<adrianba@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I was about to send a similar proposal. We'd prefer to add an optional
> argument to append that specifies the filename. This is the smallest
> change to
> implementations and doesn't require developers to understand the
> BlobBuilder in order to use FormData. Having to create another reference
> to a Blob and probably deal with managing a File and Blob both pointing
> to the same data seems
> unnecessarily involved when all we want is to get the filename into the
> FormData object.

Isn't the smallest change just setting the file name to "blob" rather than
the empty string? I suspect setting the filename might come up elsewhere
too (e.g. file system API) so I'd rather not do it here.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/