Re: [WebSQL] Any future plans, or has IndexedDB replaced WebSQL?

From: Keean Schupke <keean@fry-it.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 19:35:17 +0000
To: Joran Greef <joran@ronomon.com>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
On 31 March 2011 19:08, Joran Greef <joran@ronomon.com> wrote:

> > This is painful to read.  WebSQL development died because SQLite, the
> most widely-deployed database software in the world, was too good?  That
> sounds like a catastrophic failure of the W3C process.
> >
> > --
> > Glenn Maynard
>
> Hear.
>
> I am starting to think that Mozilla will step up and provide an embedding
> of SQLite, even if it has to only think of it as such. It will have to.
>
> People would rather use a working database than something crippled albeit
> "specced" (see LocalStorage or IndexedDB).
>
> It was things like XHR in all their unspecced glory that brought the web to
> where it is today.

Do you want to take a look at my RelationalDB library - it could form the
basis of a replacement for WebSQL, and as it is based on relational algebra
not SQL, it has not user visible dependencies on the particular SQL
implementation?

Have a look at:
https://github.com/keean/RelationalDB/blob/master/examples/candy.html

For a usage example. This should run in chrome right now (using WebSQL as a
backend).

I would appreciate any thoughts, comments etc.

Cheers,
Keean.