Re: CfC: new WD of Clipboard API and Events; deadline April 5

Well, so here are my comments:

---------------------------------------
I would reformulate:

> MathML often needs to be transformed to be copied as plain text, for example to make sure "to the power of" is shown with the caret "^" sign. Also, the XML source could be placed in the clipboard with the appropriate transformation occurring when pasting.

into:

> MathML often needs to be transformed to be copied as plain text, for example to make sure "to the power of" is shown with the caret "^" sign

in a formula plain-text input.

> Also, the XML source could be placed in the clipboard with the appropriate transformation occurring when pasting.

this is great!

Since the API should be that of HTML5, I think it is important to have a more direct link to the appropriate HTML5 section.
I also think the parameter names and arity should be repeated.

I believe an example of typical data-types really is needed (yes to one of the question there!).

HTML5 leaves it open to use native types or mime's media-types, but warns about spaces... it seems quite fussy.

Hence best practice is wished.

Le 29 mars 2011 à 16:46, Arthur Barstow a écrit :

> For this particular spec, it has been a very long time (2006) since it was lasted published in /TR/ and since that version has no link to the latest ED, one could easily conclude no work has been done on that spec. However, the reality is Hallvord has done significant work on the spec and as such, it facilitates "setting expectations" for us to publish a new WD.

Please receive my personal approval to publish as a WD, even with none of my issues addressed.

it's great to see it evolving.

paul