Re: [IndexedDB] Spec changes for international language support

FWIW, this maybe would have been better off as its own thread.  :-)

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Pablo Castro <Pablo.Castro@microsoft.com>wrote:

> [...]

I'm fine with this.  Another (I believe) related use case I ran into today
is wanting collation to be case insensitive.

> Another piece of feedback I heard consistently as I discussed this with
> various folks at Microsoft is the need to be able to pick up what the UA
> would consider the collation that's most appropriate for the user
> environment (derived from settings, page language or whatever). We could
> support this by introducing a special value that  you can pass to
> setCollation that indicates "pick whatever is the right for the
> environment's language right now". Given that there is no other way for
> people to discover the user preference on this, I think this is pretty
> important.

This seems useful even outside of the context of IndexedDB.  It should
probably be added to some other spec.  I'm fine adding it to ours for now
and adding an "issue" along with it.  But if so, please do shop it around.