Re: Component Model is not an Isolation Model

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 22:59:10 +1300
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>

#2 --- protecting components from the enclosing document --- should
definitely be supported by the component model IMHO. Without that, it's more
difficult to update components over time.

I'm less enthusiastic about #1. In many situations, perhaps most, developers
can choose to trust a component and host it themselves, and there's no
problem. Some "widget" use cases can be solved with IFRAMEs instead. What
use cases for cross-site component loading are left?

Rob