Re: minor comment about file extensions

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 12:41:42 +0100
To: "Phillips, Addison" <addison@lab126.com>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:17 PM, Phillips, Addison <addison@lab126.com> wrote:
> Dear Webapps WG,
> This is a personal comment on the Widgets P&C draft dated 5 October 2010. I recognize that your last call period closed, however, a colleague of mine noticed that rule 9 at [1] defines only the ASCII alphabetic ranges and does not include the ASCII digits. This means that it can't be used to identify types such as 'mp3'.

The intention was just to match the file extensions given in the "File
Identification Table" table. As none of the file extensions in the
table contained a number, numbers were not included in the algorithm.
I've added MP3 to the table and fixed the algorithm for the sake of
supporting the additional file types.

Marcos Caceres