Re: CfC: publish a new Working Draft of DOM Core; comment deadline March 2

Hi All,

There is significant support for this CfC and in general, I tend to
favor PEPO (publish early, publish often).

However, in this case, the group already agreed D3E is feature complete
and it would be suboptimal (some have suggested harmful), for WebApps to
publish a spec that conflicts/overlaps with D3E. Additionally, some
members have been working on D3E for a relatively long time and they
naturally want to preserve their investment.

Doug expressed [DS] willingness to change D3E (to align with DOM Core
Events) if there is broad consensus for changes. In this spirit of
cooperation, before a new WD of DOM Core is published, I think the next
step is to do as Doug suggested and identify all D3E issues.

Anne asked [AvK] about the mechanism to use to identify issues. Unless
Doug suggests otherwise, I recommend using a separate thread per issue
on the www-dom mail list.

-Art Barstow

[DS] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011JanMar/0687.html
[AvK]