Re: [whatwg] Intent of the FileSystem API

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 3:50 PM, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com> wrote:
> Are there any plans of reviewing/visiting efficient File/Blob support in
> indexeddb?

Support for File and Blob is technically in the spec already, though I
don't think any implementations support it.

The more controversial part is supporting storing FileEntry or
something like it. This would allow storing references to files which
can be written to. I'm fairly sure we'll add experimental support for
that in Firefox soon (can't give any dates at this time). I haven't
really talked about it with other IndexedDB implementors, so I can't
give gauge how likely it is to appear in the spec.

/ Jonas