Re: publish a new Working Draft of DOM Core; comment deadline March 2

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 18:35:32 +0100
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Michael Champion <Michael.Champion@microsoft.com>
To: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>

Le 28 févr. 2011 à 17:59, Adrian Bateman a écrit :
> My preference is to not have two drafts in the WebApps working group with conflicting specification of the same feature.

Looking at

For the IDL definition the only line which is really different is

# DOM-Level-3-Events
  void initEvent(
	DOMString type,
	optional boolean bubbles,
	optional boolean cancelable);

# Web Dom Core
  void initEvent(
	in DOMString eventTypeArg,
	in boolean canBubbleArg,
	in boolean cancelableArg);

The prose in between the two is very different. The prose of Web DOM Core is closer than the one of HTML5. I haven't looked into details.

Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/