Re: publish a new Working Draft of DOM Core; comment deadline March 2

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 02:21:44 +0100, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:
> Finally, at TPAC, when we discussed working on DOM Core and DOM 3 Events
> "in parallel", we did not agree to adding events to DOM Core; in fact,
> we agreed to exactly the opposite: you wanted to move mutation events
> into DOM Core in a thinly-veiled attempt to remove them completely
> (rather than simply deprecate them as is done in DOM3 Events), and all
> the browser vendors disagreed with that.  Claiming otherwise is simply
> an attempt to rewrite history.

http://www.w3.org/2010/11/02-webapps-minutes.html#item01

# adrianba: I don't have a strong opinion about where
#           we go in the long term

# mjs: my preference would be to move forward but plan
#      [to move things to DOM Core later]
# smaug_: I agree

And no, I did not necessarily want to remove mutation events. If they
remain implemented they need to be defined. And the best place for that is
by the methods that cause them to be fired. Those methods are defined by
DOM Core. That was my argument.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/