RE: Overview of W3C technologies for mobile Web applications

From: Deborah Dahl <dahl@conversational-technologies.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 21:21:59 -0500
To: "'Dominique Hazael-Massieux'" <dom@w3.org>, "'public-webapps'" <public-webapps@w3.org>
Cc: "'W3C Multimodal group'" <w3c-mmi-wg@w3.org>, "'w3c-voice-wg Group'" <w3c-voice-wg@w3.org>
Hi Dom,
This looks like a very useful document.
On the voice/multimodal side, in addition to the HTML-Speech XG, you will definitely want to add some of the Voice Browser Working Group and Multimodal Interaction Working Group specs, specifically:
1. Multimodal Architecture and Interfaces, for integrating multiple modalities into an application
2. InkML for representing traces from pointing devices (stylus, finger, mouse)
Also see an interesting prototype for displaying and capturing traces in a web browser at
3. EMMA for representing user inputs from different modalities (for example, speech, ink, haptics, biometrics)
4. VoiceXML (especially VoiceXML 3.0) for speech interaction

Debbie Dahl