Re: Proposal: Navigation of JSON documents with html-renderer-script link relation

On 11.02.2011 15:40, Kris Zyp wrote:
>> Sounds very interesting.
>>
>> Did you consider making the link point to an HTML(+Script) page, and
>> placing the JSON object into that pages script context somehow?
>
> Yes, I had considered that. However, I believe that most webapps that
> would use this API would be doing mostly JavaScript based rendering, in
> which case the HTML just seems to add an extra layer of indirection for
> script loaded right away, so I wrote the proposal based on that use
> case. That being said, I have no strong objection to having the JSON
> response link to an HTML page instead of a script. Loading HTML could
> possibly make it easier to reason about the order and timing of multiple
> script loads.

The reason why I asked is that it seemed unnatural to me to construct
the whole page by script. Just get the page template, and let the
inlined script to something with the referencing object.

(Of course one could do both).

BR, Julian