Re: Proposal: Navigation of JSON documents with html-renderer-script link relation

On 11.02.2011 14:48, Kris Zyp wrote:
> Increasingly, web applications are centered around JSON-based content,
> and utilize JavaScript to render JSON to HTML. Such applications
> (sometimes called single page applications) frequently employ changes to
> the hash portion of the current URL to provide back/forward navigation
> and bookmarkability. However, this is largely viewed as an awkward hack,
> and is notoriously problematic for search engines (Google has a hash to
> query string conversion convention, which is also highly inelegant). We
> need support for first class navigation of JSON documents, while still
> leveraging HTML rendering technology.

Sounds very interesting.

Did you consider making the link point to an HTML(+Script) page, and
placing the JSON object into that pages script context somehow?

Or maybe even XSLT (all we'd need was a standard to-XML mapping).

Best regards, Julian