Re: Mouse Capture for Canvas

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 11:09 PM, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com> wrote:

>  That said, it would still help prevent non-malicious but misbehaving
> scripts from accidentally taking over the browser, which can happen
> anywhere, even on "trusted" sites.  However, that's just one possible way of
> dealing with that problem, and browsers should be able to look for less
> restrictive solutions (which is what I had in mind when I referred to how
> operating systems deal with this).
>
>  "Trusted" sites aren't well defined, so for the time being, I'm fine with
> them taking over the browser.

In this case, I'm mostly referring to sites where you've previously clicked
"always allow this site to do this"--probably the usual case.  Legitimate
sites aren't going to deliberately hijack the mouse cursor, but it might
happen due to a bug, and I must always be able to escape without having to
close the whole browser window.

--
Glenn Maynard