Re: [IndexedDB] setVersion blocked on uncollected garbage IDBDatabases

From: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 18:31:57 -0500
To: Jeremy Orlow <jorlow@chromium.org>
Cc: ben turner <bent.mozilla@gmail.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, João Eiras <joao.eiras@gmail.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Jeremy Orlow <jorlow@chromium.org> wrote:

> I talked it over with Darin (Fisher), and he largely agreed with you guys.
>  I'll file a bug saying that after unload, all IDBDatabases attached to that
> document should be closed.

What happens if a database is open in a page in the back-forward cache?
That's incompatible with onunload having side-effects.

I know the BF-cache is off-spec, but it's extremely useful and will
hopefully find its way into the standard some day, so it'd be nice to keep
it in mind.

I suppose the browser would discard whole pages from the BF-cache on demand
if required by a setVersion call.

--
Glenn Maynard