Re: [FileAPI: Directories and System] Some comments

On 1/31/2011 9:20 AM, Eric Uhrhane wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback, Peter--comments inline below.
>
> On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Peta Byte<256petabyte@googlemail.com>  wrote:
>> ## toURI-method of Entry Interface
>> I'd recommend to spec out a common URI scheme for resources within a local
>> filesystem, too.
> Agreed.  What do you think of the URI scheme I proposed?
> See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011JanMar/0218.html

I like the existing blob URIs that createObjectUrl generates.
I know that's not a great help, but they are are safe and don't expose
the file system in any manner.
I'd still want the toURI, to ensure that the URL will last across
sessions (in as much as it can).

There's been a bit of discussion at WHATWG about "safe characters" in
file systems, and so forth.
There's also kick in the pants-bug in Chromium, using the old Windows
API which allowed very limited path lengths:

I bring those points up, only to point out that File Systems are varied,
and some not very rugged.

-Charles