Re: [widgets] Removed LocalizableString interface from Widgets API

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 19:32:57 +0100, timeless <timeless@gmail.com> wrote:
> a nokia maps application uses json for localization and could be
> easily ported to the widget format.

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 9:09 PM, Charles McCathieNevile
<chaals@opera.com> wrote:
> Could you automatically port it?

The structure is:

html/mapplets/<component>/i18n/<locales> ~8k per locale per component
html/mapplets/<stuff> [2.5mb]
html/medos/i18n/<locales> ~64k per locale, ~1mb for however many locales total
html/medos/images/<stuff> ~680k
html/index.html ~948k
html/ [6.2mb inclusive]

the index.html file uses relative refs, so yeah, it'd probably be
possible for *someone* - *not* me to automatically port it. I really
don't have time to do this. It should be possible for anyone w/ an
n900 to look at /usr/share/nokia-maps and investigate it.

the fact that each component is using its own subdirectory thing is
moderately annoying, but fixing the include paths wouldn't be too
painful for an automated tool.

fwiw, my understanding is that nokia-maps works more or less the same
way on maps.ovi.com, which means someone feeling adventurous could
probably try to do it from there, but since i like my product, i'd
request someone be nice and buy an n900 instead of slurping ovi maps
;-).