Re: An HTML5 logo

From: Axel Rauschmayer <axel@rauschma.de>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 07:54:38 +0100
Cc: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: marcosc@opera.com
Yes, the logo looks awesome!

But I think we should clarify who the logo is for: Techies or end users. All the logo mission statements that I have read point to the former group, but I think it makes more sense to target the latter group. Then HTML5 might not be a good brand [1].

[1] http://www.2ality.com/2011/01/branding-web-technologies-and-new-html5.html

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
axel@rauschma.de