Re: [chromium-html5] LocalStorage inside Worker

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 9:02 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> Python has its "with" keyword, used like "with file = open('foo'):
> doStuffToTheFile(file)", which similarly creates a named resource and
("with open('foo') as file:")
> takes a chunk of code within which the resource is available.  I know
> that other languages have similar, but off the top of my head I'm
> having trouble thinking of them.

For what it's worth, my first reaction to "withNamedStorage" was that
it felt like the vocabulary of another language transplanted into
Javascript, and that it felt out of place.

That may be due to there being no comparable APIs like this in
Javascript yet (that I can think of) rather than the vocabulary
describing it, though.

--
Glenn Maynard