Re: Limited DOM in Web Workers

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 2:29 AM, Jack Coulter <jscinoz@jscinoz.org> wrote:
> The real question is: Do we want to create something new? Perhaps at least
> superficially resembling the DOM api, for developer familiarity. Or do we
> simply want to have E4X universally supported, both in workers, and in
> the main thread?

Why don't you use a JavaScript implementation of DOM for now? And if
so many developers take such approach, then browser vendors can
consider implementing it natively. (But the reality is, XML is just
hardly ever used on client side)
I know that jsdom https://github.com/tmpvar/jsdom already has some use
cases with Node.js and some people run YUI or jQuery on top of it.

A.TAKAYAMA